We welcome your questions, feedback and requests.
U.S. and Canada: (800) 458-0600
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Buck and Buck, 3111 27th Ave S. Seattle, WA 98144
1. Information We Collect
To help us personalize and improve your experience, we collect certain information when you connect with us, including when you:
- Place an order
- Visit our website
- Create an account on our website
- Subscribe to Buck and Buck promotional emails
- Join our mailing list
Information you choose to provide may include:
- Mailing and/or street address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Payment information
- Records of our correspondence if you contact us.
Additionally, when you visit our website, we automatically receive certain information from cookies and pixel tags, including:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Purchase history
- Device information, such as location.
2. Why We Collect Your Information
It’s necessary for us to collect certain information when you place an order.
- Saving your purchase history and placing your order
- Receiving information about products you’ve purchased (for example, in the case of a recall)
- Managing your online account
- Receiving catalogs or promotional emails
3. Sharing Your Information
Some of our services require us to share your information with other companies, who we partner with closely to ensure your privacy stays protected. These services include:
- Name and address verification
- Email distribution
- Fraud protection & investigation
- Partnering with third-party vendors such as Google Analytics to understand what content, experiences, and promotions are most relevant to you.
- Sharing your information with other companies, via cooperative database, whose products or services may be of interest to you. Pursuant to the California Shine the Light law, if you do not want your personal information shared with other companies for marketing purposes, you may opt-out.
4. Cookies and Pixel Tags
We gather information about how visitors navigate and use our website to deliver more personalized experiences, using "cookies" and other tools such as "pixel tags."
A cookie is a small data file stored by your web browser on your computer. Session cookies are erased when you close the web browser or browser tab. Persistent cookies remain on your computer’s storage until they expire or are deleted.
Some cookies are necessary for our website to work properly and enable you to place an item in your online shopping bag and to place an order on our web site. Other cookies allow us to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience.
Here are some examples of what cookies allow us to do:
- Remember what items are in your shopping bag
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Enable faster checkout if you have created an account at buckandbuck.com
- Understand how you reach our website and which products you’re looking for
- Learn whether you opened an email from Buck and Buck
- Apply the preferences you’ve chosen.
If you set your browser to refuse all cookies, please contact us directly to place your order.
We use pixel tags – a short snippet of code – to tell us how you use our website and help us share the products and content you’re most interested in. Pixel tags also enable us to send you email in a format you can read and let us know when you have opened an email message from us.
5. Your Choices
Updating Your Information: You can update your name, address, telephone number, or email address through “my account” or by calling us. To protect your privacy, we will confirm your identity before updating or reviewing your information.
Buck and Buck Catalogs: You may change your catalog preferences by calling us. Because catalogs are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request.
Buck and Buck Emails: You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails using the link provided at the bottom of each email, or by calling us. Because emails are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request. To serve you best, you’ll continue to receive important emails about recent transactions, including orders and returns, even if you choose not to receive promotional emails.
6. Links to Other Websites
Occasionally we link to other websites, including nonprofits that we support. These sites have their own privacy and security policies. If you choose to navigate to another website through our links, we encourage you to review their policies.
7. Information Security
We care greatly about the security of your information and are committed to protecting it against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access. We do this using a variety of the best Information Security technologies and processes. For example, we use encryption when receiving or transmitting your information. We also encourage you to practice general internet safety guidelines, such as choosing a strong password for your account, changing your password frequently, and signing out of your account when you are finished. Please note that Buck and Buck will never ask for your password or credit card information over email.
8. Policy Changes
9. Canadian Residents
If you are resident of Canada and you would like to take advantage of any of your rights under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) please call us.
10. California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the CCPA) provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. You have the right to opt out Buck and Buck’s sharing of your personal information.
You have the right to request deletion of the personal information collected or maintained by Buck and Buck. Please note that deleting your information will remove your purchase history from our records and we’ll be unable provide you with a record of your purchases.
You have the right to request that Buck and Buck disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and share (does not apply if requested more than twice in a 12-month period), including:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; personal information listed in the CA Customer Records statute (such as payment information), characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, or visual information; sensory data, such as audio and visual recordings; inferences drawn from other personal information, such as: your preferences and behaviors.
We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers; personal information listed in the CA Customer Records statute (such as payment information); characteristics of protected classifications under the California or federal law; commercial information; internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; inferences drawn from other personal information, such as: your preferences and behaviors.
We disclose personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of Service Providers: Shipping companies, printing companies, data brokers, technology companies, cloud service providers, analytics companies, fraud protection and investigation companies, payment processors, credit card issuer, media companies/platforms.
Per the CCPA’s definition of sell, we share the following categories of personal information in order to deliver a more personalized experience and to show you products that we think you’ll be interested in: Identifiers; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity; geolocation data.
Per the CCPA’s definition of sell, we do not sell personal information to the following categories of vendors: Data brokers, credit card issuer, and media companies/platforms.
Right To Know
If you’d like to make a Right to Know request contact us at 1-800-458-0600.
We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days.
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. You may make a Right to know request up to twice in a 12-month period.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your Right to know request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Right to Delete
If you’d like to make a Right to Delete request contact us at 1-800-458-0600.
If you simply want to stop receiving emails or catalogs, call us at 1-800-458-0600.
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that we collected or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
Impacts of deletion include:
- Your purchase history will no longer be accessible
- We will not be able to look up your transactions for returns, previous gifts, or repairs
- You will be required to provide a receipt for any future returns
- If you have an account on buckandbuck.com, it will be deleted
Please note, we will continue to maintain limited information needed to comply with product recalls, fraud prevention, and other legal and business requirements.
We do have alternatives if you are unsure if deleting your personal information is the best option for you. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-458-0600 to inquire about the following:
- Removal from our catalog mailing list
- Unsubscribing from or limiting emails
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If you’d like to make a Do Not Sell request, call us at 1-800-458-0600. We do not currently sell any information.